Saturday, October 16, 2010

Firefighter mural process, 11 Annual 3rd eye open

FIN

these are in process shots of my female firefighter tribute mural. All painted with spraypaint. It all starts with a concept.  I chose to highlight New Bedfords' only working female firefighter (the other 2 just work the desk) Jolene Menard of station 6 was nice enough to model for me.  so i got a photographer friend to do the shoot. After choosing the pic to work from i then decided on my pallate. I chose pinks ( to highlight her femininity)...starting on the blank wall involves putting down reference points and creating a grid to properly scale the images.
about 2 hours in...it starts by scaling the concept...this piece was 8 x12' and the drawing was 8 x12" so 1 inch = 1 foot......it should be noted that i combined 3 images to complete this process.

adding tones...she looks sad huh?...better shot next
sold at auction to a local charter school.



almost done!